Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Beautiful NIECE!!!

Evelyn Grace
My amazing, beautiful sister and her little girl!!

Meeting her brothers - Eli was shouting "We got a girl, we got a girl" over and over - so cute - Eli loves babies just like his Daddy
The whole clan - Evie has no idea what she is getting herself into


I was so happy to meet my beautiful little niece this morning.  Evelyn Grace was born about 12:40 today and was 7 lbs 15 oz (I think - it was kind of chaotic).  My brother-in-law Troy thought it would be funny to say that it was a boy first and then . . . April Fool's . . . it is a little girl.  Not so funny Troy - so sorry about the weird FB post.  Not my idea - Troy's idea.  
Anyway, she is precious and Melissa did amazing (no surprise there).  She looked so happy - the pure joy that I always see on her face when she finally gets to hold her little baby.  Troy, of course, seemed thrilled also.  I don't know if anyone was as verbally excited as Eli.  He could hardly contain his excitement.  

13 comments:

Tara said...

so exciting! She is beautiful! Congrats to all :)

Hantla said...

She is beautiful! How fun!

Amy said...

I love that baby already. Can't wait to hold you Evie!

Kalb the Reformer said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyy. how wonderful for you guys!

Anonymous said...

A girl!!!!! Awesome. We can't wait to meet her. Is it pronounced with a short e or long e? This may be confusing for us. :)

Filleman Family said...

short "e" - like Evelyn

Anonymous said...

So cute! I hope you don't mind, but I stole a picture for my blog. We are so excited!

CarrieLovesKeith said...

Oh my GOSH!!!!! I cannot believe it!! I cannot wait to see Melissa with a little girl! :~)

Mandy Kershaw said...

Congrats on your beautiful niece! I can't wait to see her!

Jason and Lisa said...

Congratulations uncle and auntie, she is beautiful. Can't wait to meet her.

The Martins said...

She really is so beautiful! Oh, we are very excited for you!

Cristina said...

We alreay knew they made beautiful boys, but they also make beautiful girls! Congratulations!!! And your sister, just like you did, looks amazing right after delivery... good genes!

Theresa said...

Yay!!!!!!!! Hard to believe; I'm still in shock! ;) I'm with Cristina; what's the deal with the "just any other day" look that you AND Melissa have after hours of labor!? You girls! No puff, no bags, no dark circles....?