Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Grayson's first trip to Duncan


Playing on the floor with his brothers
With his Granddad - my wonderful father-in-law who taught me a lot about being meek and humble while still being a strong leader at the same time this weekend. (See the resemblance - even their hairline looks the same to me in this picture - sorry Buzz:)
With Daddy out on the back porch - just checking it out

Grayson did pretty well on the trip.  If you consider that the kid was in the middle of "crying it out" (I'm so over nursing in the middle of the night), is cutting a new tooth and didn't get close to his normal nap schedule - I think he did just fine.  Of course I had to abandon the crying it out thing for everyone else's sanity, thus abandoning 9 nights under our belt, but I think he should bounce back pretty quick.  No tooth yet but I can see his top left tooth coming close to the gums.  He seemed to enjoy all the time outside and he loves being held and attended to by all the family.  I figured I should also mention what this kid is up to these days since I forget to do that often.  I could pretty much copy the Saylor blog (no they are not the same age - Hugh is just an over achiever and Grayson doesn't seem to care too much about such things).  He is just now in the last week sitting up pretty well to play with his toys.  He has also just recently mastered rolling all over the place and not just the random roll.  He can roll and scrunch himself around on the floor pretty well.  This has created the drama of rolling over in his crib and crying about it but I haven't been rolling him back and he is sleeping on his belly half of the time now.  I love this kid.  I think he is just the sweetest thing - even when he is in a rough patch.  He would get so tired and done on this trip and just bury his head in to me.  Ugh - melt my heart.  

6 comments:

Amy said...

love, love, love that baby.

Theresa said...

Yes, ditto Amy, but there is a striking resemblance to Buzz. What a sweetie boy! I know, I say weird things about & to babies...it's in our genes.

AprilJ said...

It's weird to see him looking like my dad because he is also a dead ringer for Matt in that other picture from a while back. Super cute.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I cannot wait for our boys to be good friends...it will be so fun. You are a lot farther along than we are...we have never done the crying out thing.

Melissa said...

I love him too. I think it is sweet when he buries his head in your shoulder and it looks like he snuggles your hair, or gets comfort from it. I love that.

Heidi Marie said...

That top picture is so precious. Glad that you are home safely Michelle, we missed you guys.