Thursday, March 12, 2009

Parker's First Day of BSF


Today Parker went with me to BSF for the first time.  I don't know who was more nervous, Parker or myself.  I am definitely going to be a piece of work on the first day of school - probably something everyone should add to their prayer request list now.  Davis acted like he was 12 -years-old telling Parker all about it in the car on the way to the church.  Parker was very sad when I dropped him off and after having to be told to leave by the teacher (I'm not kidding) I was off to class and he did great.  Of course Lana Bushman (the children's director) made what has almost become a 'trademark' comment, "I met Parker.  I saw him and I thought, no that can't be right, he can't be your son".  Right I know - we look nothing alike!  He said he had a great time.  He looked so big - it almost makes my heart hurt.  I am SO glad that he has an opportunity to go with Davis and me. God has used BSF in huge ways in both my life and in Davis' life.  The program is amazing.  I appreciate so much the way that those teachers love, care for and pray for my kids.  It gives us great opportunities to talk about God's Word and gives Davis opportunities to hear it in a different way - from someone other than his parents.  I guess that is my plug for the program.  It is really a blessing and I am so glad that Parker and Davis both have the opportunity to go with me.  (Parker wore his new "BATman shirt" for the big day.  Daddy gave it to him last night and he loves it.  He has some crazy obsession with Batman and Superman right now - which is weird b/c he has never seen a show about either one)

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm so glad he did great! I knew he would! :)

Cristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristina said...

I deleted my previous comment, so here I go again... I was saying you should start telling people you adopted Parker from Sweden or Norway, then it would "all make sense"...

Amy said...

Yay! I knew Parker would do great! I as well love love BSF and am going to be sad to miss next year. As for the Superhero thing, I thing it is innate or something. My boys also love them and I don't know how/why. I think it's kinda cool that Parker has his own look! :)

Mom said...

The last time I watched Davis he was watching a kids cartoon where the characters kept changing color -(blue to purple, red to orange). I asked him if he could be any color what would he choose? -- he said
"white, like my brother." :)