Monday, March 16, 2009

Interview with Davis (mommy & daddy)

A couple of weeks ago I did this "Interview with Davis" thing on Facebook and I wanted to keep a copy so I am repeating it on my blog:

1. What is something mom always says to you?
"you call me bubba"
2.  What makes mom happy?
"by obeying you"
3.  What makes mom sad?
"when I don't obey you"
4.  How does mom make you laugh?
"by tickling my arm"
5.  What did your mom like to do when she was a little girl?
"see the dinosaur song" (my mom had just taught them a dinosaur song that I sang in preschool)
6.  How old is your mom?
"give me a clue . . " (Me: "I'm twenty . . .)  Davis: "TWENTY EIGHT!!"  
7.  How tall is your mom?
"same as Daddy"
8.  What is mom's favorite thing to watch on TV?
"a baking show" (I watch a lot of Food Network)
9.  What does mom do when you are not around?
"you do some working"
10.  What is your mom really good at?
"working" (???)
11.  What is your mom not very good at?
"playing the Wii"  (this made me laugh b/c he know he is better than me)
12.  What does your mom do for her job?
"to fix stuff for people like when they are sick" (this was in the throws of weeks of sickness around here)
13.  What is your mom's favorite food?
salad and pizza
14.  What makes you proud of mom?
"when you try to play the Wii" (I tell him I am 'proud' of him a lot when he is playing so I think it was the word association.  When he first started to play he would get easily frustrated with himself so I was doing a lot of over-encouraging:)
15.  If mom was a cartoon character, who would I be?
"a little green dinosaur"
16.  What do you and mom do together?
"go somewhere"
17.  How are you and mom the same?
"by our eyes - our eyes are the same"
18.  How are you and mom different?
"our hair is different and I'm a boy"
19.  What does mom like most about dad?
"you love him"
20.  Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
"um the grocery store" (sadly not true - unless it is kidless, I used to really like wandering slowly through the grocery store)
21.  How do you know mom loves you?
"because you love me VERY much"
22.  Who is your favorite person?
"uh you silly" (shocker:)
23.  Do you have a girlfriend?
"yes, Kara" (a problem that should resolve itself)
24.  Are you going to get married?
"uh huh"

Today I asked him the same questions about Daddy (these were done 2 weeks apart):

1.  What is something Daddy always says to you?
"calls me Munchy" (Mark's nickname for Davis)
2.  What makes Dad happy?
"when I say 'yes Dad'"
3.  What makes Dad sad?
"when I don't obey him"
4.  How does Dad make you laugh?
"by making funny faces"
5.  What did Dad like to do when he was a little boy?
"go for a walk . . well when Daddy was little how did I have a Dad?  That's a good question huh mom?"  
6.  How old is your dad?
"42" (sorry babe - guess you should start reinforcing your age so he know you are still mid-thirties married to a spring chicken in her twenties :)
7.  How tall is your dad?
"tall as the ceiling"
8.  What is Dad's favorite thing to watch on t.v.?
"Tom and Jer" (pronounced "j-air" - like they are buds)
9.  What does Dad do when you aren't around?
"he probably plays hide and seek, he likes to hide"
10.  What is Dad really good at?
"playing the Wii"
11.  What is Dad not very good at?
"riding a motorcycle" (I think they recently had a conversation about why Mark doesn't have a motorcycle - Davis really wants his dad to get a motorcycle - I do not)
12.  What does Dad do for his job?
"works in his new building" (Sturgeon recently got a new office building)
13.  What is dad's favorite food?
"salad" (??? couldn't be further from the truth)
14.  What makes you proud of dad?
"when he climbs high on the ladder"
15.  If dad were a cartoon character, who would he be?
"the guy who wears a blue shirt and blue pants" (not sure who he is thinking - maybe he just realized his Dad's affection for all things blue)
16.  What do you and Daddy do together?
"go to his work and walk to lunch aaaaaaaand we read a lot"
17.  How are you and Dad the same?
"we have the same hair"
18.  How are you and Dad different?
"by having different hands" (This is a funny story:  A couple of days ago I was sitting with Davis and I told him that I thought his hands looked like Daddy's hands.  He said, "No they don't.  My hands looks like your hands.  Daddy's hands are the hairy-hairiest!"  I laughed out loud.)
19.  What does Dad like most about mom?
"giving you hugs and kisses and taking you out to eat"
20.  What is Dad's favorite place to go?
"hmmm, give me a hint . . . is it peter piper?"
21.  How do you know that Daddy loves you?
"if he gives me hugs and kisses"

1 comment:

The Martins said...

So sweet. This made me laugh out loud a few times. Thanks for sharing.