Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Parker in Duncan

Parker and chocolate chip pancakes - he also had sausage with biscuits and gravy for breakfast this day - quite the feast.  It didn't take him long to learn that there is some tasty food served at Gram Boyd's house.
Parker LOVED the animals - He fed the sheep pretty much all day long which I'm sure Hayden and Brad wouldn't have appreciated if they would have realized how often those sheep were getting hay from Parker as often as they were - He also loved the chickens.  I'm sure the chickens didn't love Parker as much as he loved them however since he spent most of the time pestering or chasing them around.
Parker and Davis also shared a room on this trip.  I want them to share a room eventually at home too but this was our first try at putting them together inches away from one another.  I think it went pretty good.  It did take them about an hour the first night - they played, laughed and pestered each other before going to sleep.  The next night they just went right to sleep - exhaustion helped out there I'm sure.  On the first night I went back in their room b/c Davis was crying and Parker was just sitting in his bed laughing.  Parker realized that he could make Davis cry just by saying his name because Davis wanted him to be quiet.  He thought this was quite amusing.  

6 comments:

Amy said...

Things ALWAYS taste better at Gram's.

Theresa said...

Isn't it interesting what kids can actually do when they don't have another option i.e. sharing a bedroom? I'm always amazed on trips what things the boys CAN do out of their own routine.

AprilJ said...

Parker and the chickens... too funny!! And I'm sure it made my Gram VERY HAPPY to have another eater at her table :)

Melissa said...

Parker WILL live in Duncan, it is in his blood. I am sure he was just getting used to his future life there, hopefully he can talk Billie in to moving back with him to make him those breakfasts. He and Billie could be the next generation gram and Hayden.

GeleeneG said...

Bwahahaha, I think Melissa is exactly right. Billie won't need much convincing.

AprilJ said...

I nearly peed my pants reading Geleene and Melissa's comments!