Monday, April 13, 2009

Seder Dinner

Eli praying for the kids table - so sweet to me.
Dipping the bitter herbs in the salt water.
Opening the three cloths to find the unbroken unleavened bread inside.
 
My mom likes to make a Seder dinner.  It is something she has done different variations of since I was little.  I really appreciate her continuing this tradition for my boys - even though it is kind of chaotic in this season of life.  This year was especially cool because when I was talking to Davis about it beforehand he could put some of the pieces together in his mind after his lessons on the Life of Moses study at BSF.  I was reminded in my BSF notes recently that a foundation of scripture knowledge is a foundation God can use on which to build their faith.  I am grateful for all opportunities to plant those seeds of Scripture knowledge.  Eli is fascinated with the "chair for Elijah".  It cracks me up - he is sure it should be for him.  

1 comment:

Jason and Lisa said...

What a neat tradition and how great for your kids to participate in this. That is awesome that Davis is putting 'pieces' together with what he is learning.