Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Celebrations (Part 1)

Easter festivities started on Saturday morning with brunch at Buzz and Billie's house.
The boys picked up baskets with their names on them at the front door and got to look for eggs as soon as we got inside.  It was randomly raining pretty hard all day on Saturday so the egg hunt had to move indoors.  Good thing Parker is prepared with his rain boots :)  (He just got those boots last week and he won't take them off.  Davis is dying for some . . . )
Every time Parker finds an egg, "Yeah, I got one, I win, Yahoo!!!"
Grammie and G
What is that thing Davis is holding you might ask????  Oh that is our new pet.  Yes, my boys got a pet for Easter from their Grandparents.  If you know me at all you know I was freaking out a little (sorry Billie) but the boys love it and it is pretty fascinating.  It is one of those 'ecosystem' aquariums that is supposed to pretty much take care of itself.  It has two little frogs inside and a snail.  Those are our pets - and probably the closet thing my boys will ever have to a dog :)
Granddad and Grayson

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is hilarious to see P in his boots. Good thing mommy came through to even out the score for D! When I saw D at church with his cars in hand I asked him if they were from his Easter basket, of course they were! So funny...

Adriane said...

Billie said to me friday- "Some children get little bunnies of chicks, my little boys get tiny little frogs." At least she didn't buy them chickens. Also, I love Parkers boots.

AprilJ said...

I missed the part about the boys getting pets for Easter!! That is so weird that my mom got them that... frogs and a snail. The frogs won't reproduce will they? If they do, you can just give some frog babies to the Johnson kids and Hugh :)

Jen said...

The picture of Billie and Grayson is so cute!