Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Celebrations (Part 3)


Easter morning our church had a service outside at Tempe Town Lake.  It was so nice to be with our church family and sing praises outside on such a beautiful, cool morning.  In this picture, our pastor was reading the Easter story to all the kids - so many little kids around him listening to the story.  We sang one of my favorite songs:
"Now the daylight flees, Now the ground beneath, Quakes as its Maker bows His head.  Curtain torn in two, Dead are raised to life; 'Finished' the victory cry.  This the power of the cross.  Christ became sin for us.  Took the blame, bore the wrath, we stand forgiven at the cross!"  There is something about the reality of what a quake it must have been to have men crucifying their Creator - I can't even get my mind around it.  Truly - the power of the cross and the amazing forgiveness our Amazing Savior!!  After a great service, it was off to my Aunt and Uncle's house for a yummy spread of food and more egg hunting!!  (I think the count was three egg hunts this year :)
Cute Grayson with a basket of eggs
Our attempt at a family picture - the boys looked so handsome
Davis and my Gram

Grayson and my Dad
The boys sorting eggs and checking out their candy - Parker loves candy!!!
Parker and Logan - good buddies.
TJ, Davis and E

The clan getting ready to run and find their eggs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun - the boys are so cute! I loved Parker's boots...so into them. Parker acts so grown up some times...he makes me laugh. Love the boys!

Theresa said...

That picture of all of you is adorable!!