Saturday, April 4, 2009

Randomness

Parker:
We were playing puzzles on the floor together with a shapes puzzle.  On the shapes he couldn't name, he would say "Now what is this one mom?" (like he was quizzing me) I would
 say, "It's a heart".  Parker would then say, "Yes, yes, right mom right".  He was cracking me up.

He points at ALL pictures of babies - t.v., computer, old pictures in our house of the boys - and he says "My baby Evie".  His voice just sounds so precious saying that over and over.

If I had it my way, Parker would have a MOP of white hair.  I had not cut his hair in almost 9 months and I thought it looked awesome.  Mark however did not think that it looked good.  He said Parker looked like the Grandpa on "Everybody Loves Raymond".  I finally consented and decided to submit :)  and take Parker for a haircut.  I tried to leave it a little long but he doesn't have enough for a pony anymore and the long hair that hung over his ears is gone.  I agree - he looks cute - how could he not though seriously!!

Grayson:
He is all over the place these days.  He can squirm and scoot his way almost anywhere on the floor.  I feel like he is going to crawl any day now but just when I say that he won't crawl for months.  It is so cute to me that he leans and pulls to get down and move in the direction of the boys.  He wants to be with them so badly.  He knows his brothers :)

I just 'sprung' the jumper thing out of the closet.  G loves it.  He jumps all over and loves the lights and song.  He is loving it more than either of the other two boys.  Gotta love it when you continue getting your money's worth out of those entertainers!!  (Thanks Daddy and Mom)

Davis:
He really loves bugs.  He likes to find bugs and put them in his bug house and give them leaves in their little homes.  He caught a grasshopper today and was repeatedly begging Mark to let him keep it inside as his pet.  Mark kept telling him "no" and he wasn't willing to accept that answer.  Finally Mark told him, he is a small grasshopper and probably still needs his mommy - you wouldn't want to keep him from his mommy would you?"  (a cheap shot for sure)  Davis told me later, "I HAD to let that bug be with his mommy!!".  
Davis with his Grasshopper

Davis was beside himself excited to see his new cousin.  He was asking to go to the Johnsons' house relentlessly.  When we finally took them dinner last night, he took one look at Evie (and while he still is excited about her) he realized that she was too little to play with right now and was off and running with E and TJ.  I think he was expecting a little "girl" and not a baby.

Earlier today Davis woke up from his nap in a horrible mood!!  This happens occasionally but I was getting ready and couldn't sit with him/"snuggle" to help improve the wake-up funk.  This only makes the mood much worse.  He eventually improved and we ate dinner with some friends.  When he was getting ready to get in the tub tonight he said, (completely unprompted and many hours later) Hey mom, you know when I woke up earlier . . . I had a really bad attitude . . . that was not okay and I'm sorry."  He then went and said the same thing to Mark.  I think it is the first time he has ever really confessed anything and apologized undirected.  I'm so grateful for glimpses of God's grace in his life.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Davis...it looks so Davis to me. Also, I think Parker does know his shapes and was testing you...that little guy is super smart! Your boys are so cute!

AprilJ said...

I love Parker's hair cut. And Grayson has changed in a month. No fair!!

Jason and Lisa said...

That's awesome how God is working in Davis' heart. It is so great when we so thoses glimpes. Cute pics of the boys. :)