Friday, July 3, 2009

Out of their mouths . . .

While riding in the car, we saw a crane working on some new houses in our neighborhood.
Davis:  "Mom, what do you think they are doing with that big huge crane?"
Me: "I don't know - maybe lifting something on the house."
Davis: "Maybe they are lifting the frame onto the foundation"
(hmmm, okay Bob the Builder - ironically - when we got closer they were in fact lifting pieces of frame)
Davis: (with much authority) "Yes, yes, that is what I thought."

Last night before bed:
Davis: "Do you know what is really wonderful?" (What buddy?) "Having a mommy, dad, and two brothers."
Oh melt my heart.  What is particularly sweet about this to me, is that earlier in the day my mother-in-law was asking him what he thought was "wonderful".  It was almost like he had thought about it for a while and decided that our family was really "wonderful" to him.

Before they go to sleep, I let the big boys look at a book in bed while I put G to bed.
Me: "D, what book do you want tonight?"
Davis: "I want my Bible"
Me: (lazily not wanting to go upstairs and get his Bible) "Okay, here is a book of Bible stories you can look at".
Davis:  "But I want to look at God's words and these are not God's words so I need my Bible don't you think?"
Alrighty then - glad that lesson sunk in - up the stairs I go.