Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bye bye baby food

As Grayson gets bigger and bigger, I am a little nostalgic sad to see things go (favorite jammies all three wore, the swing, some favorite baby toys) but I am not sad to see the baby food era come to an end.  Last night, Grayson kept pushing my arm away as I brought the baby food spoon to his mouth.  Thinking he was just being obstinate, I just let him sit there for a while.  When I came back he did the same thing and was grabbing for the table that had everyone else's dinner on it.  I broke up a ground beef burrito for him to see what would happen and he ate the entire thing (green chiles and all).  My other boys never ate that type of table food this early so I tried to keep feeding them the baby food so they would get meat and veggies but I guess G is all done with food mush and ready for the real deal.  Fine with me!  It is so much easier to me to feed them all the same thing and not have to mess with remembering baby food if we are out.  Today for lunch he happily ate a sandwich and pile of blueberries.  Hooray!!  He is probably eating better than Parker - sadly a true statement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news. I look forward to that day...seriously. I will not be sad to see the baby food go bye bye. Wow, he is getting to be a big boy. I think you all need another baby :)...kidding!

Melissa said...

He is a big boy. I love when baby food goes away, and it seems to faster with every child, I bet your fourth quits eating it by 8 months....

Amy said...

No have another baby comment here as I embark on my third. Glad he's done with baby food. I'll be glad when B is done with booby food. 3 weeks down!....:)

Jason and Lisa said...

Definitely easy in some ways and harder in others, what a big boy! We have the same thing here...Grant eats more than Eli for sure.

Cynthia said...

Yeah for Greyson (and for you too)! What a cutie! I love all these kid updates! Glad to see you are all doing well!