Monday, July 13, 2009

The Beach - One of my favorite places!

I know this is tons of posts but I wanted to get everything on the blog so that when I print it in my journal I have all the pictures :)

My favorite thing about CA is the beach.  I love being on the beach and the boys love everything about it.  They love to play in the sand, look for shells, and swim in the ocean (Davis more than Parker).   The water was almost frigid the first couple of days, but on Saturday it was really nice.  It warmed up enough outside that the water was comfortable.  Parker would only wade in about knee deep, but D was willing to get in with me.  While I was teaching Davis to jump when a big wave came in he said, "This is great mom, I love you".  I was overwhelmed with how special it is to build these happy memories with the boys.  I am so thankful that we could do that and have so much fun together.

What was he doing?  Not sure, but I know that they did attempt to get as covered in sand as possible!
Parker in his full garb - good thing he doesn't realize yet that most people on the beach are wearing much less.
Grayson still isn't a huge fan but he liked it much more this trip than he did a couple of weeks ago.
Some friends of ours from Phoenix met us on the beach one afternoon and the boys had a blast with Anna, Becca and Clara.
Davis in his sand hole - it is mandatory that we dig a hole big enough to sit in as soon as we set up camp.  First order of business!
I will be finding flecks of that coppery sand in everything for months I am sure.
They even talked Mark into coming down and digging them a hole one day.  Mark is not quite as big of a fan of the beach - but Davis is quick to remind me that Dad digs a better hole.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - lots of posts! Normally, I only see the first one and forget to read the rest...I am glad you let us know that there were multiple posts. So, how do you find the time to do this during the day all by yourself with three children?!? Seriously?!? The trip looked and sounded like a lot of fun...I bet you are so glad to be back in this ridiculous heat!

Amy said...

Mark and Kenny would be great together b/c he also HATES the beach and water, even swimming. Anyway, I LOVE LOVE the beach and feel very nostalgic when I am there. That is the one place I could move to away from my family and be ok.(sort of)

Melissa said...

I have a funny story about Davis on the beach. On our overlap day we all went down to the beach together and Troy was taking the boys boogie boarding. Davis decided he wanted to try and so Troy set him up, let him go, we all cheered, Davis was smiling. Troy goes up to him and says Wanna go again, Davis makes the FUNNIEST face and gave him a very emphatic No. It was very funny.

Cynthia said...

Parker is clearly in downward dog pose - a budding yoga aficionado perhaps? He understands the importance of daily stretching and what better place to do it than on the beach? I love these pics and all the fun you're having with the kids on the beach - and that Mark is now forced to participate in beach activities :)

Theresa said...

So fun...one of these days we can make it happen! So the thing of Parker on all fours looking b/t his legs../Ryan did the SAME thing! What is that?