Monday, July 13, 2009

San Diego Zoo

One of the highlights of the week for me was our trip to the San Diego.  I love the zoo.  I think it is fun to see the animals but I really enjoy watching the boys get excited about seeing new things.  It was a beautiful, sunny day in the 70's in San Diego too so you can't beat that!
Mark has a picture in front of this gorilla when he was a kid.  He was fascinated that the gorilla was over thirty years old :)
Obligatory family pic in front of the elephant statue - if only this picture was bigger so you could see how THRILLED Mark is to be taking this picture - or walking around in the sun for that matter :)
My Gram and Davis on the Sky Ride
Grayson and I - his favorite position - on my hip and facing out so he can see!
My dad and G enjoyed some good bonding time at the zoo - doesn't he look so old sitting on that step (sniff sniff)
Taking a break in the shade while I took the boys in the bug exhibit - I'm so glad we got to spend a bunch of time with my parents and Gram in CA
Looking at the giraffes 
Davis and I by the lions - my favorite exhibit I think
Parker the caterpillar and Davis the butterfly :)  Davis said that his favorite thing at the zoo was the bug exhibit.  This is no surprise.  I almost didn't see it and thought we would just do a quick pass but it really was impressive.  Some of the bugs were huge (like a screaming roach the size of your palm - ugh!).  I had to catch myself because I would look in a window and say "Oh gross" . . or something to that effect and I could tell that Davis didn't understand why I thought it was yucky and not cool.  They had a huge beehive behind glass so you could see the thousands of bees working in the honey comb.  That was his favorite exhibit in the room.  They also had a very impressive, enormous ant farm the size of a wall.  
Parker with the goats - this was so sweet to me.  The only thing you could really pet in the petting zoo were goats (the sheep were closed off).  I figured - pet one goat, you have pet them all - but not Parker.  He wanted to pet and talk to each goat in the petting zoo.  He would get down near them and pet them so nicely.  He didn't want to leave when it was time to move on.  That night, he said the petting zoo was his favorite part of the day.

5 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! ...and yes, Grayson does look so big sitting on the step. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I had to blow up the pic that you made the comment about Mark - that picture is so funny. You are the only one smiling! I am sure Mark thoroughly enjoyed the zoo. Looks like it was fun for the boys.

AprilJ said...

What would have made the gorilla picture EVEN BETTER was if Mark was picking its nose like he is in the old photo of he and I at SD Zoo. Next time get him to do that.

Amy said...

So you love the zoo, huh? I have to say SD is way better than Phx. Looks like a lot of fun and btw, you can click on the pics to blow them up so I got to see how happy Mark was to take pics :)lol

Melissa said...

When I was reading this I thought you wrote "Grayson with his favorite person" instead of position. I was laughing. Probably both are true. :) I am so glad you enjoyed the zoo!! I think I like the zoo as much as Mark.