Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Friends

I met my friend Miranda in 2001 at a shower - can't even remember whose shower.  (eight years ago - crazy to me - time goes by so fast!!)  Sadly she doesn't live in AZ anymore but I got to see her on Wednesday while she was in town for a visit.  I had never even met her youngest little boy Joshua and the last time she saw my boys, Davis was in an infant seat.  At first it was looking like Madelyn was not thrilled about playing at a house with a bunch of little boys, but then Davis won her over with his pet frogs.  As you can see, they worked it out!  I think Davis was quite smitten with her.  They all played great with one another and Davis keeps asking when he will get to play with them again - sadly it will likely be quite a long time.  I am so grateful for friendships and that I had the opportunity to see Madelyn and Joshua and watch them play with my kids!  

4 comments:

Mandy Kershaw said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit. I think I was newly pregnant with Isaac that last time I saw Miranda and her family so it had been awhile for us too. Sadly, I left the camera in the car this time. :( Maybe next time it will work out that we can all get together at the same time. The boys can play while the girls play princesses. Yesterday James was the turtle that the girls (princesses) were whacking so he would come out of his shell. Of course, he was loving the attention. :)

Theresa said...

Her kids are darling! Glad you had fun!

Stephanie Moore said...

Wow time flies! The last time I saw Miranda and her daughter, we were at your luncheon before Davis was born. They're so big!

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Nothing like pet frogs to win over cute little girls :)- LOL! Glad you got some time with your friend..those times are so precious.