Thursday, July 16, 2009

Davis the Dr.


It was a full service dental exam - teeth and heart :)

This is a less than glamorous post (mostly for my own pride) but since this is the only form of baby book history it appears I am going to keep, I might as well just make note.  Davis had his first, overdue trip to the dentist two weeks ago and went back today for some "extra work".  I had very traumatic childhood dentist experiences (no need to post commentary Liss) and so I was dreading taking Davis to the dentist.  He did have cavities (mostly on the fronts of teeth from thin enamel - which I think is largely due to the lack of milk Davis drinks - my opinion).  He went back today and just had a great experience.  The dentist was patient and kind and he did a fantastic job.  He let Davis have a mask and gloves and D has been playing dentist since we got home.  I came downstairs to find him 'treating' Parker and he said, "Mom, do you think you could be my helper lady who hands me my tools when I need them?"  He was being very official: "okay open nice and big for me . . . okay now I am going to check you with Mr. Whistler (the water sprayer thing) . . . Please shine the light for me here, Helper (me) . . you are doing just great Parker!"  It was cracking me up.  It is a good thing Parker is such a patient patient!!  I think Davis looks quite great in his doctor get up - I think I see it in his future - haha.   

4 comments:

Melissa said...

SO many things I want to COMMENT must keep them in...
OKAY ALL I will say is that Michelle's "traumatic" dental experiences as a child were not actually traumatic, nothing BAD ever happen to you. Replace traumatic with dramatic.
I am glad everything went well for Davis.

Amy said...

Sister are so funny. Glad D had a good experience which will make going back much better. So I must ask you when you can tell me, did they have to give him a shot of Novocaine for the fillings? I would think for a young child that would be horrible cause even I HATE that!

AprilJ said...

Maybe D can help Kara with her dental hygiene.. these pics are so cute!

Theresa said...

Unbelievable it went so well! Now you've given me hope if/when I'm in that position! I love the full med. exam, too; Davis looks like he's gagging Parker! ;)