Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Funny Things

Tonight I went through the drive-thru and got my older boys a milk shake after dinner for a treat.  Grayson has never seemed to notice or care when I hand them food in the car but tonight he seemed to know exactly what they were receiving and he was NOT happy that a cup was not coming his direction.  I let him have Mark's and he was in heaven.  I looked back at him in the car and it cracked me up the way he had a super grip on the cup and I look in his eye like "no way you are getting this cup back lady!".  He ended up giving it up a minute or so later when he gave himself a brain freeze from sucking it down so quickly.

I swear I am not even an ice cream person - and our kids don't get it that often - but this next story makes it seem like it is a regular activity.  On the weekend, Mark went to the store for a treat and brought home two new flavors of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (we got on a B & J's kick in the bahamas!).  Anyway, Davis saw them and asked if he could try it.  I gave him a spoonful out of the peanut butter cup tub.  I said, "what do you think that tastes like?"  He thought about it for a minute and then said, "ummm, mostly rocks . . . and . . . cows".  Huh???  Then I realized the crumbled peanut butter cups on the container kind of looked like rocks and the B & J's cow was standing on the peanut butter cups thus rocks and cows.  It cracked me up.  

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love B & J's and I love that little chunky monkey. Haha get it?

AprilJ said...

They get their ice cream love from the Filleman side (I mean, look at me!)

Erin said...

I can't believe how big he looks in that picture! But milk shakes- mmm. Smart boy.

Theresa said...

My hubby is an ice cream fanatic and does enjoy it with his boys while I TRY really, really hard to restrain myself! ;) good times....