Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Father's Day at Atlantis

"My Three Sons"
We celebrated Father's Day during the vacation.  Mark spent the morning golfing on one of the prettiest golf courses I have ever seen and then we met them for lunch at the country club.  Another big year for my hubby as a daddy . . . he rounded things out with a third son!  He has his hands full for sure.  The boys love their daddy very much and I am very grateful for him.  Davis gave Mark a card that he picked out from the store.  It was a John Deere tractor card (of course) and I helped him write "I love you" in the card himself for the first time.  He also wanted to write, "because I know you love tractors and thank you for playing with me, Love, Davis".  Parker stuck with coloring the outside of the envelope :)  I think that the thing about my husband as a father that I am most thankful for is his consistency and dedication to praying for the kids and the way that he is continually realizing his dependance on God to lead them and our family - a good example for me.

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

It's fun to watch how kids' card writing evolves.. next year Davis will be writing a letter!! Hold onto those :)