Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our Trip to Atlantis

We took a very fun family vacation this summer to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas.  It was one of the best times that we have ever had on a vacation.  Davis said his highlight was finding sea shells and rocks on the beach.  Parker said his favorite part was going to 
the airport and going on an airplane (seriously?? not the highlight of the trip - trust me!).  If I had to choose for them I would say that they LOVED the pools.  We spent almost all day everyday in the different pools.  Even Grayson loved going in them because they had entries with very shallow water.  They had some kids water slides that were perfect for Davis an
d Parker and they were always disappointed when it was time to leave those to eat dinner.  Their cousins were there with us which always makes for an extra good time!  Troy too
k the boys up into an area near the ocean that had tide pools and Davis came back with about fifteen HUGE, living snails and one small fish (dead).  Parker still didn't like the beach this trip but Daddy was more than happy to take him to the pool and get away from the beach 
himself.  

My very favorite day (among many) was the day we had a beach competition and then had lunch at the aquarium.   My mom put together a very fun set of games and obstacle courses on the beach including a sand castle contest.  We won!!  It was great fun.  Then we went to lunch.  They have some really amazing aquariums at the resort and we ate in a room that was a solid view into the aquarium on one whole side of the room.  It was so beautiful and super fun for the kids.  It was a great day!  My mom put the whole trip together and she did an amazing job.
Above the boys are looking into the aquariums and below they are standing above the shark tank.  
The crew looking for treasure on the beach.
We also had an opportunity to take the boys swimming with a dolphin which was the neatest experience for them.  It was better than other dolphin swims Mark and I have done in the past.  The kids got to be standing in pretty shallow water with the dolphin for a long time and they each got to feed her a fish. 
Great, great pools . . . the highlight of the trip for sure.  They also had a lazy river which was so much fun!




7 comments:

Jen said...

Such great pictures! I'm glad you all had an awesome time!!! :)

AprilJ said...

So much fun! Maybe someday we can get all the little guys together at the beach. I think they'd all have so much fun together. Pictures are so good, too!! BUT, in the meantime, we'll settle for hanging out in the oven..I mean AZ..in 3 weeks.

Jason and Lisa said...

I am glad that you guys had a wonderful trip. It sounds and looks amazing. How fun and what great memories built.

Amy said...

So fun for you guys! The boys would've loved all that too and I'm pretty sure T and T would have had the SAME answers that D and P did respectively! I'm just figuring out how I can prove that I am related so I can go too :). Can't we just say sisters based on time spent together?

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a blast. I LOVE water slides and such - cannot wait for the waterpark in AZ to open! I am so glad you all had so much...what a blessing! The pictures turned out great as well.

Maji said...

Atlantis is such a great destination for everyone -- kids of all ages.

Glad you had such a funs vacation!

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Love the pics! It looked like you all had an amazing time :) What a Blessing to share such a wonderful experience with your fam...memories to last a lifetime I'm sure :)