Sunday, June 14, 2009

Early Father's Day at Rawhide

Rawhide on the train (why didn't someone tell us to take off our HUGE sunglasses:)
Amy and Callie on the train - it is a toss up whether Amy or Davis had more fun at Rawhide

We took my boys and my in-laws to Rawhide on Saturday night to celebrate Father's Day early with Buzz.  Dinner at the steakhouse was great and the boys had a blast out there riding the train, getting some special polished rocks, riding the pretend horse and enjoying some time outside while it is still so beautiful out for June in AZ.
All three boys riding the electronic wagon - Grayson looks thrilled :)
My father-in-law is great.  I have been really blessed with some amazing in-laws.  There are a couple of things about Buzz that I am particularly thankful for:  the way he loves my boys and pursues a sweet relationship with them, the way he serves my family and so many others in a very selfless way, the way that he leads in many areas of his life with a unique quiet strength, and the godly example he sets for the most important men in my life.  I hope that he felt honored this Father's Day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That looks like so fun. And you wore your huge sunglasses cuz that's how you roll:). So, is that pic of Davis an attempt at winking? Looks like it...so funny!

AprilJ said...

Great pictures and looks like a good time was had by all.. sad to be missing the cooler June weather..bet it heats up nicely for us next month ;)