Friday, June 12, 2009

Grayson getting big

This is several weeks overdue, but such is the fate of a third born I suppose.  I took Grayson in for his nine month appointment in May.  He weighed in at 20 lbs 4 oz (50%) and 28.5 inches tall (70%).  He is definitely less of a chunky monkey these days, but he has retained those chubby cheeks (my genes Grayson, I'm so sorry).  He only gained a pound from 6 months to 9 months.  I am convinced it is because he is moving all over the place these days.  He is always on the move.  He can crawl like a speedy little bug, but no real effort to walk.  He does the stand and cruise thing but no interest in branching out on his own - which I am FINE with by the way!  He likes to try "people food" more than my other boys did at his age.  He wants anything that he sees us eating at the table so I let him try it.  So far, he has gotten super excited about a peanut butter sandwich (WOW was he excited) and he also went after some grilled chicken pretty eagerly.  I don't see him eating jarred food much longer.  He would rather have the real thing.  He is such a little love.  He can look at me and get the biggest smile and I would do just about anything for the kid.  
I was trying to find shorts in his size in my many bins of recycled boy clothing and I found him these little black tennis shoes that were Davis' (Parker never got to wear them b/c they were his size when he was about three months old - huge feet on P).  Anyway, Grayson was super excited to put shoes on and look like his brothers.  You could tell he felt quite big.  When I took this picture it almost made me want to cry . . . he looks almost toddler-like.  I love this little guy so much.  I am pretty sure he will always be my baby.  

3 comments:

Amy said...

He is one sweet baby boy for sure...and don't cry about it just have another. No, he won't always be your baby...stop fooling yourself :).

AprilJ said...

He's a cutie for sure... I love his t-shirt :)

Jen said...

I love those shoes, he looks adorable! :)