Saturday, June 13, 2009

Davis . . .



I know that I have mentioned before that Davis heard someone whistle and then came home and tried and tried for weeks until he could whistle.  He mastered it and likes to impress people with his whistle.  Well, probably about a week ago he decided he wanted to wink.  He practices all the time and will ask, "is this it . . . do I have one eye open and one eye closed?"  He has gotten pretty good at it and is quite proud.  It absolutely cracks me up when he uses it.  For example, I will be making lunch at the stove and hear him walking behind me so I glance back at him and he just gives me a cheesy smile and winks at me, like "hey, how you doin'".  Or he will say, "I'm gonna go downstairs now, want to come with me . . . (wink, wink)".  The other day at the table I told him to keep his feet under the table while he ate.  He could tell I was watching him to make sure they stayed that way so he turned and gave me a wink.  It is seriously hilarious!

One more funny Davis story:  
I told Davis that I would take him to the mall with me when the little boys went to sleep, but that he could not come if he decided to brag about it to Parker.  Later in the basement, I could tell he was thinking about saying something . . . 
Me:  Davis, please remember if you say even one little thing, then I am not going to take you with me.  Please don't make a mistake because you won't get a second chance.
Davis:  (without even a pause to think) But Daddy gave you a second chance when you made a mistake and crashed the car . . . 
Me:  (laughing) yes he did - but this wouldn't be an accident because I am reminding you!!!

(I rear-ended someone a couple days ago with the boys in the car . . . awesome . . . kid doesn't miss a beat!)

5 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Those are funny stories. I'm assuming everyone is okay from the accident?

Amy said...

That sounds so much like Trey, he doesn't forget ANYTHING...even those stories that you wish couldn't be repeated except that you have two P.I's sitting in your back seat. Anyway, love the wink...that is just so Davis to me. I just want to know where he picked up the wink? Does Mark . . ah hem . . .wink at you? :)

AprilJ said...

UGH! (about the fender bender) I notice my own kids' super memories at the most inopportune times.. love the winking. "How YOU doin'?"

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the accident...glad to know everyone is okay. The winking is awesome...a good wink can go a long ways...with the ladies, of course.

Cristina said...

I love your post! Kids are just laughter waiting to happen...

I must constantly remind Gabriel about not bragging to Domenica in regard to the things he can do b/c he is older... ay ay ay!