Sunday, February 22, 2009

Random Other Stuff


I love to listen to my boys have simple conversations with one another.  When they play and don't know I am listening they just talk so cute, almost in a "trying-to-sound-grown up" kind of way.  A couple days ago during lunch Davis was determined to teach Parker to say "Davis".  Parker has always called him "Day-day" and I love it so I've never corrected him - instead I enforce it of course.  Davis kept saying, "Say 'Day' 'VIS'" over and over.  Parker would do just about anything Davis tells him to do so he continued to try to copy the sounds.  He eventually got it right and Davis threw him a little party he was so excited.  That was all it took.  He has not called him 'Day-day' since.  Only 'Dabis".  I was sad for a minute, but Parker's little voice is so sweet it doesn't really matter what he says it sounds cute to me.  I love his voice - it is precious.  He usually tries to communicate things as clearly as possible, but I just realized the last night that he uses the word "thirsty" to tell me he is hungry.  Poor kid, hungry for weeks and I just keep handing him a sippy cup of water.  He said something else yesterday that I thought "I don't want to forget that" and now I can't remember . . typical.  Maybe I will think of it and add it later.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Very sweet. BTW, Michael asked me earlier why our family can't have a picture like yours at the top of your blog...b/c we don't have the cousin-hook-up, buddy. I love that picture every time I look at it; I know I've told you this before.

Amy said...

Trey and Tyson call each other something strange - do-do. Yes, another word for poop but they have no idea and it's cute so I don't correct it :).

AprilJ said...

We miss Parky, Day-Day and Grayson, for the record.

Melissa said...

Parker does have the sweetest voice ever. He is such a big boy. His uncle Troy is in love with him too right now especially.

Ummm, I think I remember the OTHER thing Parker said you should POST if you want me to remind you!!!! Something about a rubberband!!! :)

The Nolans said...

Hey Michelle,
Its Hallie. So great to hear form you. Your boys are so sweet. I can't imagine how much fun you all must have when you get all of those little ones together. I know from some of the stories Matt tells that you guys don't have too many dull moments.You and Melissa truly are an inspiration to me. I know life is crazy but you both seem to be enjoying every moment and taking all of it in stride. That is really encouraging to see to us new moms. I know that is my prayer very often, that I not miss any of these times but appreciate and soak up every one of them. Good and bad. Well I would love to be in touch and just have a seasoned mom to bounce things off of. Talk to you soon.