Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cousins, cousins, cousins (to copy Jenn:)

Parker, Kara, Davis, Clay, Hugh, Eli, Grayson, TJ, & Logan
In what seemed like a very fast, but very hectic week Mark's sister April and her family came to visit from Alaska.  My boys love to play with their cousins and it is the ultimate thrill if they get to play with ALL of their cousins.  I'm so tired tonight that I don't even know if I have taken the time to really think through the events of the last four days, but we had a great time.  We tried to round up all the kids for a picture last night.  I think it was a pretty successful attempt for EIGHT boys and a sweet little girl.  Yes, Eli, TJ & Logan are also cousins with my in-laws' kids - it is too confusing to explain but it works - and No Hugh is technically not related to my boys but they don't know the difference at this point.  (Mark's cousin Callie is now dating Troy's cousin Ben so they are making it even more mingled:)  One of the sweetest things to me about the trip was how excited Parker was to see Kara and Clay.  He talks about them often and prays for them regularly, but I always wonder how much he really remembers since he hadn't seen them in six months and only a few times before that.  Time and distance seem to make no difference to him . . . he LOVES his cousin Kara.  He would talk to her so sweet and made every attempt to be glued to her side.  He has a new-found affection for his cap gun and Kara would let him shoot her and then fall down in a very dramatic fashion.  I think that won his heart :)  Davis of course has played harder in the last four days than he usually does in a month.  I woke him up from sleeping on the floor at five tonight and held him out until just before seven.  He is one tired little boy.  I really treasure the relationships that my boys have with their cousins and am always grateful for the time they get to spend together.  We can't wait to play with you guys this summer!!  Maybe we will make it up there to AK one of these days.

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

We want you to come visit!! Kara asked me if I thought Parker asked to play with her this morning when he woke up (this was last night at 2:00AM when we were getting home from the airport). Thanks for a great week and for putting your life on hold while we were in town. Love you guys!