Thursday, February 26, 2009

Playing Nurse

My three boys have been passing around a yucky cold now for several days.  It is crazy how three little boys can become even more needy when they don't feel good.  Parker, in particular, has been quite dramatic to demonstrate how lousy he feels.  He is trying to climb in my lap or be held at all times which poses a huge inconvenience to Grayson who has decided that being held is absolutely the only option for his happiness.  Parker tells me all day, "I sick, I need medicine" - in a very nasal, weepy voice.  As of this morning - Parker and Grayson are the only ones who still have fever so I'm thinking this thing is one its way out (since Davis got sick first).  I just had to post a picture of Parker - who is looking at me like "why are you taking my picture when I don't feel good . . that is not very sympathetic!".  Yes - it is the afternoon and he is still in pj's, with a pacifier and a bottle.  Come on . . . he is sick!!  I know I am not doing their future wives any favors by waiting on them hand and foot like they are completely miserable - I can't help myself.  Little boys who are sick REALLY need their mommy.  

8 comments:

Theresa said...

You forgot to publicly thank your "good" friend, Theresa, for exposing your children to RSV, or I mean the "cold" that your kids have!!! Ahhh... And now my worst (current) nightmare has come true; Grayson has it!!! UGH...the guilt is killing me!

Jason and Lisa said...

Not fun, I hope your boys feel better. There is so much cold and/or RSV stuff going around. Jason, Grant, and I all have cold symptoms but they are different for all of us. Hopefully, the worst of your "junk" is over. Feel better, hopefully you and Mark don't get it too.

AprilJ said...

But what I want to know, is did you push the coffee table right up next to the couch for him so he didn't have to move very much to get his cup???? Glad it seems like it's moving on....

Amy said...

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do when they are sick. There is much more training involved for their wives than "over"caring for them when sick. You are a good mommy! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amy - it is okay to baby them. I, of course, am the bad mom...Hugh has been feeling hot all day, but I didn't take his temperature until 5:30PM...101.5. I just keep telling him to stop fussing. Nice. Parker is still little...he needs the lovin'! Their future wives will be able to handle it. They'll just laugh, like I do.

The Martins said...

No, Theresa, killing ME! I started it at play group. Here you go, Carusos, let me cough on you and pass you this barely pronouncable virus. Then you can pass it to the Fillemans and we'll all cough for months. Sound good? Good.

Cristina said...

Michelle-

Don't worry about making it hard for the wives...men are wusses when sick whether mom spoils them or not, such is the case of my husband! But shhh... don't anyone tell him I said that... it would ruin the Punisher image...

The Nolans said...

This sick thing this year is really hanging on. Everyone in our house has had it too. Yuck! I am not sure blogging rules but I was going to see if it was ok to keep your blog on mine so that I can follow you and your sweet family. I am still learning about even how to do most of the this stuff do let me know. :)
Hallie