Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Parker!


I actually had the thought last night that I would probably get grief from my sister for not doing Parker's post last night but selfishly I got a horrible paper cut on the tip of my index finger and it makes typing so irritating.  Anyway - she of course DID notice and was harassing me on my FB page so I need to get on this. :)
In some ways I can hardly believe that Parker is two years old and in other ways he acts so big to me that it seems like he has been two years old for a while.  I don't remember exactly when Parker started talking but I know he was speaking in pretty clear phrases by the time he was 18 months old.  I think this has made him age quickly in my mind because Davis was over two before he communicated the way Parker has for a while.  Some other 'random' things about him that make Parker - Parker:  he loves dinosaurs (it is his 'thing'), he loves the slide and the swings at the park, he has white shaggy hair which I have let get quite long in the back and I love it, he loves to brush his teeth, he is not a morning person and is grumpy if he has to be even remotely 'social' before 8:30 am, he genuinely likes t.v. (bad I know), he stills sleeps in his crib and is happy, happy to be in there, he loves shoes - new ones, other people's, his own personal faves, he is really attached to his blankies (one from my mom and one from Renee, both crochet) - he wants them on him in a particular order when he climbs in bed, he loves ketchup, he is still very snugly - he will ask "nuggle me mommy", he loves the song God is So Good, he is a very sweet brother, he loves everything about breakfast and could probably exclusively eat pancakes, cereal, yogurt, granola, blueberries and apples, he loves to read and brings me books all the time.  
There are millions of things that are unique to Parker in my mind.  He has a uniquely sensitive little heart.  He is so loving to his brothers and to us.  He is usually very quick to ask for forgiveness when he has done something wrong.  Usually I will hear Parker yelling "Sorry Day-day please "agive" (forgive) me" before I even know that Davis is hurt.  He loves to pray for people that he is thankful for.  He loves his Daddy and is quick to run over and love on him when he gets home from work.  When Parker was only a couple of weeks old, I was reading through Psalms.  I distinctly remember rocking him in his room and praying for him and the love that David had for the Lord kept coming into my mind.  I began praying that God would give Parker a deeply affectionate love for Him like that of David.  I have prayed that for him almost everyday for two years.  I don't necessarily see that in completion in Parker today, but I do feel like God has made him very affectionate.  I pray everyday that God would transfer all of Parker's sweet affections to Him alone.  We love Parker so much.  He is a joy and a piece of this family that makes it perfect.  Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Happy 2nd birthday Parker!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. He is so cute. Your sister will forever give you a hard time on the treatment of middle children!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Parker (Parky) and I am so glad mommy and daddy gave you your own day too. Middle children are the best! :)

Melissa said...

Parker is such a sweet heart. Thanks for thinking of him. Haha. :) See the middle children are so loving why wouldn't you want to blog all their wonderful qualities!!

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday sweet, sweet boy! You are such a joy and we love you very much!

AprilJ said...

We can't wait to see Parker! I love his hair, I always have so don't cut it until I've left ;)