Sunday, February 22, 2009

Growing Grayson

My happy little boy.  I was feeling so sad this morning reading my friend Jenn's blog.  Cute little Hugh is going to have a detailed account of his first year of life - week-by-week.  I think Grayson only gets a post on here when I realize he is doing something particularly landmark.  Poor kid had a doctor's appointment last week and I didn't even think to post his stats like a good mommmy.  I'm going to try to be a little more focused so that I can get to remember the little things too.  
Yes he is sitting in this picture, but no he can not just sit and play.  This little boy does not make any real effort to sit up.  One tiny distraction and TIMBER, he falls to the side like he has no core strength whatsoever.  Why?  Because I don't think he really cares to sit.  He is very laid back.  I know, I know, I actually had one that is laid back.  I don't know if he is "Johnson" laid back but he is DEFINITELY "Filleman" laid back.  He is perfectly content to sit in the exersaucer and play or watch his brothers.  He loves it when I put the bouncy seat outside so that he can watch them and be in the backyard.  

Even though he is not sitting, he is very strong.  He pushes himself up very tall when he is on his belly and even attempts to scoot around.  At this point he can only succeed in pushing himself backwards.  
He had a doctor's appointment last Monday.  He was almost 18 1/2 pounds (55%) and 28 inches (90%).  The chubby seems to be going down the last two months.  He is eating some solids but doesn't love it.  He like his sweet potatoes and carrots, but pretends to gag on most other things.  He didn't even appreciate my new attempt at giving him fruit.  He'll eat some, but he doesn't seem to love it as much as I was hoping.  He seems to be cutting teeth like crazy.  His bottom two are completely in and he has one top tooth (the second from the middle) and appears to be cutting the same one on the other side - dracula style.  I love this little guy.  He is so sweet and I have so much fun just loving on him.  He is in that stage where he clearly realizes he LOVES his mommy (I'm not kidding myself, I know it is because he can recognize me easily and knows I'm the milk source) but it is still nice.  He loves to bury his face into me - especially when he is tired.  He can be so sad and flip to so happy if I love on him.  I think he might just be the cutest thing ever - no bias of course :) 

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I would have to agree, this little guy is as precious as they come. I still love his chubby (55%?) cheeks...and I love him!

Melissa said...

Cute boy, is there a stage where your boys DON'T love their Mommy???? :)