Thursday, February 5, 2009

Funny Davis Comments

Davis has said some funny things lately that I want to remember:

D:  "I have the BEST name for Aunt Liss' baby"
Me:  "Oh yeah buddy, what is it?"
D:  "Tabernacle" (We are studying Leviticus in BSF:)
Me:  Hmm that would be an interesting name.
D:  "That is where God was, wouldn't she want to name her baby where God was"
Me:  "I don't know buddy"
D:  "Well then maybe she could name him Abernacle"

Yeah - that makes a big difference :)

Later that night:
D:  "Maybe Aunt Liss could name her baby William"
Me:  "Oh that's a really nice name - maybe she will pick that"
(I think he got that from baby Hugh)
D: "Or we could make Grayson's third name William (he calls a 'middle name' a 'third name') so that MY third name could be Mark . . . Davis Mark Filleman."  

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but he is obsessed with wanting his middle name to be Mark ever since we gave that to Grayson.  I hear this AT LEAST every other day.  This was a creative twist - suggesting something new for Gray.

D:  "Mom, Parker's diaper smells like a yucky porcupine"
Me: "A porcupine?  Why does it smell like a porcupine?"
D:  "Hmmmmm, ummmmm, no wait, what is that?  Oh YEAH, a SKUNK it smells like a stinky skunk!"

Now that makes more sense - good analogy when you have the right critter :)

In my previous post I mentioned Parker's park melt down.  In a "great mommy moment" I went with the "okay good bye - we're leaving" approach.  Of course this is lost on Parker.  He just turns around from the top of the slide and waves yelling "K, BYE MOMMY".  I even started to walk away from the park which is when Davis went into a firstborn frenzy.  With actual tears, he cried "No you can't leave him here, he is my favorite Parker brother, if we leave him here, what will he eat?"  So one child is in happy rebellion and I have just manipulated the older one into thinking I am abandoning his brother . . . awe yes I should start writing my parenting book tonight.  

7 comments:

Ben and Melissa James said...

You are hilarious! I love that you can have such a sense of humor about these things! I think I've actually done that (pretending to leave Emma at the park). She had the same reaction as Parker and Charis had the same reaction as Davis. I love it! Oh, and let Davis know he needs to think of some girl names for Aunt Liss' baby too! Just in case! (I think it's a girl!)

Theresa said...

This boy cracks me up. And he looks SO old in that picture! Like Michael said, "Davis says funny things."

Amy said...

You make me laugh. The "ok, bye, I am leaving" never works, on either one of the boys. Big surprise! It also makes me laugh that Davis is just coming up with names for a BOY.

Brooke said...

Oh these crack me up! I like "Tabernacle" maybe Amy should use it though..."T" names you know. ;-) I love to hear how little kids think. Fun!

Jason and Lisa said...

I had to laugh at the names. I think Eli would think I was playing and do the same thing as P, "okay, bye" and if I did that to Grant then Eli would freak out. Eli tries to pick Grant up if he thinks I'm forgetting him as I gather things to get out the door.

The Martins said...

Lol. That's all there is to say about that.

Jen said...

My favorite Parker brother, I love it! :)