Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We Miss Daddy

This week Mark is working in Denver. I know that Daddy being gone is far more typical in lots of other homes (particularly my sister who is alone 1/3 of the year) but we are without Dad very seldom around here. The boys and myself aren't very fond of Daddy being gone. While it really has been fine overall, the boys seems constantly aware that things around here just aren't the same. Davis asks regularly if we can go to Denver for lunch and see Dad and everytime he sees an airplane in the sky (many times per car trip) he is sure it is his Dad's plane coming home. Parker pretty much thinks he has been abandoned by his best buddy. When Mark's voice is on the answering machine, Davis starts talking to him as though he is on speaker phone and Parker runs for the garage door hoping his Dad is there. Everytime I open the garage and they see his car Davis yells "Yeah Dad's home" and Parker yells "Daddeeeee". Usually when Dad's car is here they know he is home. We really miss him and can't wait for Saturday!!

(The video was for Mark - it was the only way I could think to send it :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Tyson watched this with me and was saying
"hi" and "I love you" to Mark too.

The Martins said...

Even in homes where its "normal" its NOT easy! Hang in there Michelle!

Theresa said...

I LOVE Davis's parting hand wave...it cracked me up, as if he was saying, "No, I'm good. He knows I love him..."

Tonya said...

So cute! I can't wait till we are in the stage of talking meaning something. Da, da is a common phrase around here but can mean anything from "I really like this toy" to "more food please", to "ohh, look it's a fly"!

The Martins said...

You made it! You made it! Hooray for Daddies being home!