Saturday, June 14, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things




Each of the boys have their special things that they really can't live without before bed or naps. Davis didn't really attach himself to anything until after 2-yrs-old, but now he loves his doggies - particularly his "doggy with a feather" which is his favorite. (It has a red, now very ratty, ribbon tied around his neck and Davis calls it his feather). He also loves his pillow. No other pillow or pillow case can take the place of his pillow - which I had to discover the hard way. Parker absolutely loves his blanket (bankie) and his bottle. He recently figured out that Davis gets to watch a show while I give Parker a bottle in his room before bed. In the last two weeks or so he is waiting by my bed, with his blanket, so that he can watch a show with Davis. It was so funny to me that we had had that routine for almost a year and a half and it just clicked to him that he was getting left out of the "show on my bed" part of the routine. It is very sweet to me to watch them snuggle up with the things they love and get all relaxed before bed. I was a little sad that Parker didn't want his bottle in his room anymore - but thankfully he still wants to snuggle for a little bit while we sing and pray.

No comments: