Monday, June 16, 2008

Trust Me


This story cracks me up because if you know either Eli or Davis you know that this is just so characteristic of both of them. Davis didn't really start talking until he could speak in sentences. It has always been so funny to me that he will hear cliche "phrases" and then he uses them fifty times a day - usually out of context. For example, he recently began incorporating "Nevermind" into his vocab. He just adds it on to whatever he is saying - "I think I am ready for lunch . . nevermind". It cracks me up. His new one, as of a couple days ago, is "trust me" in the context of "I can do this . . . trust me". So today I was driving home from swim lessons with Eli in my car. He says to Eli, "We have to make a truck line when we get home . . it will be so fun . . trust me." Eli quickly responds, "Davis, I can't trust you because the Bible says that I can only trust in God and Jesus, because Jesus is God. I can't trust in you, or people or things, just God". This completely goes over Davis' head so he continues to sit back there and just repeat "No, trust me" over and over until we get home. Of course Eli is desperately trying to shed some Biblically profound information over the chatter but is too distracted by Davis repeating the phrase over and over. They are quite the pair.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awesome! Yes, that does sound like the both of them, especially our in house theologian.