Monday, June 30, 2008

Bilingual ??? Only my firstborn!



The other day I was with Parker in the kitchen and I heard Davis go into the bathroom. When he goes "#1" he takes care of his business completely on his own, but when he goes "#2" he calls for me to help him wipe his bottom with a wet wipe. I knew this was probably coming so I was anticipating a call. I hear Davis yell down the hall "Ayuda me, Ayuda me, Ayuda me!" (eye-you-da-may) I was completely caught off guard and then I realized he was yelling "help me" in Spanish - which I recognized from a Dora video we used to watch in the car. I had to stand there and just laugh for a minute. He had never used the phrase before so it was so completely random. He cracks me up. That is just so Davis. Not to mention, it confirms the decision we recently came to about actually putting something on in the car that we WANT Davis to memorize as he quickly memorizes things that are on in the car. He is like a sponge.

2 comments:

Amy said...

He is a crack up!

suubi said...

I have heard Dora say that before and my kids are now saying some spanish words from Dora and Diego!