Saturday, May 2, 2009

Changing So Fast!

I feel like Grayson is getting so big so fast these days.  Someone in my BSF discussion group said last week, "so your baby is almost a year old right?".  I thought right away, "ah NO - he is just a baby".  Then I was thinking about it and he will be one this summer . . . in just three months.  How did that happen?  All of a sudden I feel like he will be one-year-old before I know it.

In only about two days he decided he wanted to learn to pull himself up to standing.  Wednesday night Mark said, "You better lower that crib, he looks like he is trying to pull himself up".  Sure enough, Thursday morning he was standing in his crib.  Now he is pulling himself up on just about everything.  He is thrilled that he can get his own toys out of Parker's toy box.  Of course this pulling up has led to numerous injuries everyday.  He got his first 'bloody' injury Friday when he smacked his mouth trying to pull himself up on Davis' bed.  The first of many I am sure. 
One of his very favorite things is a ball.  He gets so excited to play with any kind of ball.  He pushes it forward and then chases after it like a little worm.  (His crawl is still so funny).  He is crawling more to 'get somewhere' instead of just scooting around on the floor.  When I was in the shower on Thursday he was playing on the floor in the bedroom, but in just minutes was poking his head into the shower.  

Mostly this little boy is just a joy.  I love him so much.  He is smiley and giggly.  He is happy just to be where ever they boys and I are playing.  He had his first 'straight from the table food'.  I gave him half of Parker's banana yesterday and today I gave him half of one of Davis' pancakes.  He rather enjoys the 'real' food. 

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness...he'll be 1 in 3 months!?!? That is just not possible. ;)
I love the last picture, he has the best smile!

Melissa said...

Oh sweet boy, he is going to be one before ANY of us know it. Guess it is time for round 4???
Come on, I make it look SO easy don't I? :) Haha

Theresa said...

And just so darn cute, I can't stand it!!

Amy said...

Precious baby boy. I need to remember that time really does go fast when I am in the dredges of sleep deprivation and breast feeding - two of my least faves :).

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

He is beyond adorable!!! I can't believe that he's almost 1...time does fly- enjoy these moments :)

Cristina said...

I never get to see him, he is never in the crawlers room whem I am there... cute baby boy!