Monday, May 25, 2009

The New Suite

The Boys' Room

I am pretty much done with what will be the 'boys' suite' in the basement :)  I still want to put some truck decorations on the wall (and maybe get them matching bedding) but everything is painted and the boys' bunk beds were delivered last week!  I love the way their room looks and them seem to be really excited about it too. The three beds fit really nicely.  I'm so glad that we have a room that will be big enough for all three boys (eventually).

The boys have been talking about sleeping in the same room and begging for their beds to come for five weeks now.  They are thrilled to share a room.  The beds came last week and the boys are doing great.  This might come back to bite me, but so far they have done so well going to sleep in the same room.  We have developed a little routine and they have adjusted quickly.  Parker is getting up at the same time as Davis in the a.m. (which is at least an hour earlier than he was waking up in his crib) but I was expecting this.  At least I have my trusty bunny clock :) which keeps Davis quiet in his bed until 6:30.  I think Parker might end up sleeping in a little later when his body gets used to sleeping in a new place and hearing Davis moving around while he is sleeping.
In the long run, all three boys will get to be in the same room but G has at least another 1 1/2 years in his crib!  Grayson will get to move downstairs to Parker's old room so they will all be downstairs together.  Until G occupies the other bed - I guess his cousins and buddies will have to come slumber party!  Kara - Davis can't wait for you to come spend the night sometime:)

7 comments:

Amy said...

Big boys in big beds! Fun!

Jason and Lisa said...

Wow, that is a good size room. I love the the squares on the wall. Were they all upstairs before? Or was this just Davis' room before? And Parker was in another room down there?

Brooke said...

Great room Michelle! I LOVE the squares and your color scheme. Your boys are stylin'. :)

Theresa said...

I love how the suite turned out! That is the perfect size for three (or four!) boys! ;) It looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome...I am sure they are having LOTS of fun together!

AprilJ said...

Oh my.... Kara will LOVE a sleepover :)

Melissa said...

I love boys sharing a room! So cute! Davis is smiling so good for pics now, getting so big I guess.
Call me when G is in there....