Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day was a very fun day, but I don't need a special day to realize how great it is to be a mom and how much I love my three little boys.  I can't remember one day going by where I didn't feel very thankful for them (some moments maybe . . . ) just kidding.  On January 28, 2005 I became a mom and it has been so much more amazing than I ever imagined.  I have been wanting a bike for a long time because Davis LOVES to ride bikes with Mark so I push the others in stroller.  For Mother's Day Mark got me a beautiful bike AND this trailer thing to hook onto his bike so we can all roll together.  Bike ride yesterday morning (before it was blazing hot) was definitely the highlight of my entire day!

My very sweet boys - I love them so much
The great man who made me a Momma - so handsome too :)
Brunch with my fam was smack dab in the middle of G's nap - poor baby, so tired
My family (minus Troy and Mark - they were with the kids and Liss and I decided we should just get the show on the road).  I hope that my mom felt honored yesterday - despite the VERY hot brunch we had outside.  I am a better mom because of the great example that she set for me and the ongoing love and support that she continues to give.  She taught us to be a great wife and mom.  I appreciate her ability to give wisdom and advice from experience but also from the perspective of knowing me so well.  I can't imagine raising my kids without my mom only ten minutes away - something that I am very grateful for.  She is my mom but also my friend - such a treasure!
My sister is also one of the greatest momma's I know.  No matter what the circumstance, or number of children, she continues to not only stumble through the day but do it well.  She is faithful to hiding God's Word in the hearts of her kids and I know that they know better the things of the Lord because of her example to them.  She is a constant encouragement to me in the day-to-day and in the bigger things.  God has given Eli, TJ, Logan and sweet Evie and precious gift in my sister as their mom.

5 comments:

Amy said...

You said such sweet things about your mom and sis, loved reading them! You are a great mommy too and it shows that you had such an excellent example. Glad you had such a nice day. :)

Theresa said...

Very sweet, brought tears to my eyes...big surprise, huh? I love your mom, sissy and you...all awesome Mommies and great evidences of God's grace as seen in your children. Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I love the bike and the carrier...that will be lots of fun. The boys are so cute!

Heidi Marie said...

What a sweet present; we will have to get together sometime in the fall (I am too much of a wimp to bike now) and go for a ride together!!

Mom said...

Thank you Michelle for a wonderful day. I feel honored every day to be the Mom of such beautiful girls and such precious grandchildren. You bring joy to my life every day - and are a wonderful mom too. I love you all -