Monday, May 25, 2009

Grayson's First Word?


Grayson has been saying "ma ma ma ma" for just about anything he is trying to "communicate" for several weeks but I definitely did not seem like he knew it meant "Mama".  The last two days, though, he says just "ma ma" and holds his arms up to me.  I realize that it could just be the sound he makes when he wants something (and he happens to want me) but it certainly looks like he is saying momma.  As my mother-in-law pointed out, it does seem appropriate that that is his first word when he probably hears it thousands of times a day from his older brothers :)  Either way, I'll take it!  This morning when Davis walked into the room he made sound I had never heard him make before and held up his arms to his big brother.  I am pretty sure he was trying to talk to Davis.  G LOVES his brothers!

He is on the move in a serious way.  If I turn my back for two seconds, he is making a bolt for either the stairs (his favorite thing to climb) or the fireplace (where I am sure he will smash his face on the bricks if he falls).  I've even seen him attempt to let go of something like the couch to get to the shelf without holding on.  He never makes it but you can see those wheels turning in his mind.  The airplane ride in three weeks will be interesting for this busy body boy!  I'm sad to report that this poor baby probably manages to get a bloody lip (or even nose one time) almost every other day.  It is so hard learning to crawl/walk.

Unfortunately, he is an "everything gets put in the mouth" kind of kid.  Yuck!  I feel like I am constantly scanning the floor for Davis' 'special rocks' or other small things brought in the house and left on the floor for Grayson to put in his mouth.  Seriously, what is so appealing about dusty rocks or yummy, coppery pennies??  In Duncan this weekend, I saw something black in his mouth and was horrified to fish it out and realize it was a fly!!  Hopefully he grows out of this soon.  

3 comments:

Amy said...

I would go with G is saying momma for sure. So those "special rocks" of D's...any "special creatures" of his yet? Besides the fly...next time it could be that moth! Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Yes...Mama for sure! Hugh puts everything in his mouth as well...it is gross. He is such a cutie!

The Martins said...

I agree- Mama!
I hear you. No 'down time' here. These youngest babies want in on all the fun- and it's go, go, go all day long.