Monday, August 11, 2008

The Internet Returns

I have been without an internet connection for almost three weeks now and I can't believe how often it was an inconvenience.  Beside the fact that I couldn't read blogs or blog (one of my favorite "downtime" activities) I would find myself needing to check things all the time - even just a phone number or follow up with people about small group and realized I didn't have the internet to go to as I normally would.  
All that to say, I am glad that it is back up and working.  I am also glad to say that we are moved in and somewhat settled in the new house pre-baby.  The boys adjusted to the new home almost immediately.  It was weird to me that when we got all of 'our' things inside this foreign house, it really felt like being home.  The boys love their room and their love their playroom even more.  For at least the first week I had to be right with them in whatever area they were playing in, but now they will wander down and play by themselves or go find things to do with toys they act like they have never seen before.  The transition has really been pretty easy.  No baby news yet, but we will post to the blog if anything happens.  I am still pretty much in denial mode that we are having a baby this week.

Cute things from lately that I don't want to forget:
Davis found an unsharpened pencil (a yellow one - even better) and wanted to be able to use it.  He said, "Can you make this pencil bloom so that I can write with it".  It was so cute to me that he associated getting the lead out of the wood with a flower blooming.  I love to see their minds work in a way that is so perceptive yet innocent.  
We ate dinner last night with some friends after church at Fuddruckers.  It was not the first time that we had ever been there by any means, but Davis had a FABULOUS time with his friends.  He has literally talked about it ALL DAY LONG today.  He tells random people at the store or on the phone that he loves Fuddruckers, he has asked me literally at least forty times "what is that place called that I love last night?" even though I am certain he knows the answer, and he wanted to draw a picture of it - he described things about the restaurant in detail so that we could include them in the drawing.  
Two Sunday's ago, Mr. B was Davis' Sunday school teacher - and I hear from him the Mr. B plays the guitar.  Not only does he love the guitar and singing part of his class, but they taught them the song "Praise Him, Praise Him all ye little children" and Davis loves it.  I hear him singing it to himself and to his brother all the time.  He wants to sing it together every night before bed.  It is very sweet.
Parker pretty much has no idea that his whole world is about to be turned upside down, but I was watching the boys the other day and Parker was bringing Davis things he likes "here go DayDay" and then he climbed up next to him on the couch and laid on his shoulder.  Moments like this are rare between my usually crazy boys and I was thankful for the reassurance that Parker knows the love of his family from more than just me.  The relationship between the boys is becoming very sweet and also playful and fun.  

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am so excited you are back online too!! :)

...and I cannot believe 'baby' will be here this week either. We can't wait to meet him!!!

Amy said...

Good times.

Jason and Lisa said...

Glad to hear you guys got into your house pre-baby and that it already feels like a home. I can't wait to meet the new little guy!