Saturday, July 19, 2008

No Food But Lots of Junk

I realized after reading a friend's blog that some moms are regular callers on the poinson control line. It has never occured to me to do that - though it probably should have about 100 times. Parker is not a good eater. I am working on it and he is demonstrating a very strong will. It amazes me that he can put up a 2 1/2 hour fight over noodles and corn, but he finds no problem putting disgusting things in his mouth all day long. I started to think about what Parker has eaten/put in his mouth just this week:
-a bar of soap (there were chunks missing and he actually cried for it when I took it out of his mouth - didn't that used to be a form of punishment?)
-tube of lipstick
-rubber band
-face foundation (and I had to wipe it out of his mouth)
-a green crayon
-blue playdough (a huge mess - even his teeth were blue)
-my under-eye lotion (one of his favorite things to swipe for some reason)
-pump top of the Johnsons baby soap
-and the standard assortment of rocks, leaves, toys, Mark's toothpaste and coins (regular occurances)

I know you may think that I never watch my children, but I swear they very rarely leave my side. He just puts things in his mouth so fast and he gets into absolutely everything. If Davis and Parker are in the other room, you can almost count on Davis yelling at some point, "Parker has a ----- in his mouth!" You would think he wouldn't have a sensitive pallat, but oh does he ever.

3 comments:

Boys, Boys, Boys! said...

Oh I love it... I am so excited that you are almost ready to add yet another boy to this already fantastic display of boys being boys. No everyone can be apart of the "My three sons club". We hope that you are feeling great and just think 4 more weeks....

You're in our prayers!

Pam said...

Great post. Nadine ate a green crayon this week, too. :)

The Martins said...

I always think that about nathan- who enjoys sucking on rocks but acts like eating watermelon is pure torture.