Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hiking with the Fam

Troy and Melissa started the tradition of hiking South Mtn on Sunday mornings and my boys have been really loving it. I love it too. Hubey is missing from this picture - but he is often a part of the clan. Parker prays before most of our meals and there are some things that always make it into his prayers - everyday for weeks he thanks God that we get to go hiking with Uncle Troy and Aunt Lissa and thanks God that Uncle Matt carries him down on his shoulders. He did get a ride down with Matt one time - but Parker really holds his own. I'm so proud of him. We've never carried him "up", only down to save time. Some of those steps are really huge when you are only three feet tall! He tells me he is Grandma's hiking buddy because she is usually willing to hang with him and go at his pace (which is a bit slow sometimes:) I also love to watch TJ hike - he loves it and always looks so very proud of himself when he gets to the top. I don't know if Davis loves it as much as P - he just loves hanging with all the boys . . . but he pretends . . for me:)

2 comments:

Cristina said...

What fun! We often do the same on Sunday mornings... what trail do you guys hike?

Theresa said...

Love the fun family time...and that Evie hikes barefoot! ;)