Saturday, January 30, 2010

Should I have four more ?????

Should I have four more . . . NO! But we had a very successful first run at a Johnson/Filleman sleep over. My sister had plans before our husbands made plans to go meet Clayton in Las Vegas this weekend so I suggested the kids come here and you would not believe how smooth it was to get them all in bed. Evie Grace and Grayson slept up stairs and all five other boys slept downstairs. None of them got baths or anything, but I had five sleeping boys within 30 minutes of laying them in their beds which felt like a victory for sure! My boys are still talking about how fun it was to have them sleep over. AND for old times sake my baby sis came back to spend the night with me so I didn't have to be home alone either!! Yeah for little sisters :)
Waffles in the morning for b-fast
No joke, Eli is one of Grayson's FAVORITE people on the planet - "Eeee-yi" is even one of his only five words that he can say and he yells it the whole time he is in Eli's presence. Eli is super sweet to him and happy to play with him - Grayson beams the whole time!
Logan wore Woody jammies over here and Parker was so excited. He called him "Woody" all night and Parker wore his Buzz Lightyear wings around until I took them off for bed.

It should also be said that I would do just about anything for my niece and I believe she might have gotten old enough to figure that out. First of all, she loves me (at least, I choose to believe that:) When I laid her in bed she started to cry - which I have never heard - so naturally I picked her up, took her out with me and held her for a while until trying to lay her down again later. I must have "sucker for babies" written all over me in words all small children can understand! Oh well, it is my job as an aunt, right? Thanks for sleeping over boys - it was so much fun. I love these kids!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's pretty amazing. What a good sister (and aunt) you are. On top of just keeping them you made waffles???? Impressive.

Filleman Family said...

don't be too impressed - my sis was here when i made breakfast and the boys were completely entertained by the wii :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should - looks like lots of fun!

The Martins said...

I sure am impressed! Really- that was brave! I'm glad it went so well. Looks like they had a really great time.

Melissa said...

I am very thankful for my sister! I feel very guilty now, seeing everyone's posts.

Theresa said...

I think it's awesome that Evie KNEW you would pick her up if she fussed...classic! I'm just sure that if my niece were here, the same thing might just happen!!! :)