Saturday, January 30, 2010

Davis' Special Day

For Davis' fifth birthday, I wanted him to feel very celebrated and special even though we had some regular "day-to-day" stuff on the agenda. Our day of fun started with Bosa donuts before BSF on Thursday morning
TJ and Logan came too - so fun
Then we went to lunch at PPP after BSF - don't worry - Davis and Parker are having a birthday party that is a little more put together than this last minute luncheon - we are waiting for the AK fam to get here!!
Davis and E at PPP
Blowing at candles on his birthday cupcakes from Grammie

After naps - Daddy took everyone to Fuddruckers to have dinner together - Fudd's is a favorite for Davis and was his pick. Of course I forgot to take pictures of that outing. I think he had a very fun day. He has been talking about his upcoming birthday for weeks so I think he had really built it up in his mind. When I tucked him into bed I asked him what was the best part of his day, he said "The whole thing because it is my special day". Then he said, "I don't really FEEL like I'm five though". (What do you mean buddy?) "Like, I didn't feel myself grow or get bigger or weigh more - I don't think I got any bigger today." I guess deep down I wish he didn't get any bigger too :( but I'm always mindful, at times like birthdays, how grateful I am that God has protected him and kept him healthy.

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

Thankful for healthy babies, too..