Saturday, January 30, 2010

Brotherly Love :)


I have always thought it would be nice to have the boys pick out birthday presents for each other and this year was the first year that I thought it would really work and reciprocate. (After all, this time last year Parker was ONE turning two . . . could that be right? in fact it is . . crazy!) Anyhow, I took Parker to the store the night before Davis' birthday so that it would be close enough that there was a potential of him keeping a secret. I thought it would be super, super hard to get him to focus on picking something fun for someone ELSE and not for himself. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that not only did Parker 'get it' right away, but he was really into it. He walked up and down the isles for a long time trying to find something Davis would really love. It was just so precious to me how excited he was to pick something for Davis and how he never mentioned one time getting something for himself. In the morning when Davis woke up, Parker came running upstairs to find his gift - he was SO excited to give him his Nerf ball blaster. This is a picture of the two of them right after Davis opened his gift and I think you can see in his face how proud Parker was of his gift to his big Bro! I'm just not sure they make 'em much sweeter than Parker!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is such a sweet picture of them! :) ..and yes that's crazy to think that Parker was ONE last year, he just seems so big now. Happy birthday boys!!! :)

The Martins said...

I've heard TJ is pretty sweet too. Must be something about those second borns. Not that I would be partial (although I AM second in my family too...)