Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Very Cold Movie Night

It was SO cold and gloomy yesterday (my car said 50 degrees at 1:00 in the afternoon) so I made a big pot of chili and cornbread and we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with the boys.  Very fun.  I really was freezing yesterday and thought to myself several times . . it is probably a good 40 degrees colder than this everyday in Alaska where my sister-in-law and niece and nephew live.  I CAN NOT imagine - I'm a desert rat for sure.  (I just noticed the kids are half-naked which doesn't make it look very cold - the fire was on :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. How did we acclamate so fast? I was (and still am) so cold. It's like I've never experienced 50 degrees before. Crazy! Now I understand the scarves and hats that I laughed at when I visited AZ last November.

Theresa said...

I get to give it back to you...get some clothes on those kids! ;)

AprilJ said...

I think 50 degrees in AZ felt WAY colder than 50 in TX.. maybe it's because it's so dry... loved the pic of the boys as well as the visual of yummy dinner, fire and move.

Cristina said...

Fun! I got it down, excpet I don;t know how to make chilly!!!

Melissa said...

SO not like Davis to not have clothes on, he must have been taken with the grinch. I am your sister with the same thin blood, 50 is freezing.