Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tag I'm It - Seven Random Facts

I just realized I was tagged by my friend Heather who definitely wins the award for my most creative friend (you have to look at her blog).  So I have to come up with seven random facts about myself:

1.  I (like Heather) have never had a broken bone or needed stitches from an injury - though I am sure I will get more than my share of such experiences with my three boys.

2.  My first job was a waitress at my dad's restaurant Sir George's - I was fifteen.

3.  I've had some awesome hair:  I used to bleach it completely blonde (awesome roots), I used to perm only my bangs for some extra height (pretty), I had to cut my hair completely short because it got burned from a bad perm, and when I was little I was bald on the sides for years (like a widow's peak) because my hair was ironically SO THIN - obviously that changed. 

4.  I've traveled to Italy, England, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and lots of other random Caribbean islands but have only been in four US States.  I would love to go New York, DC or any other east coast states.

5.  I haven't been to a movie since August of 2007 and before that I hadn't been to a movie since 2004.  (This is ironic because I love going to the movies so much that I used to be hard pressed to find a movie that I hadn't seen yet in the theater - Kids (and husbands) change your preferences I suppose :)

6.  I danced in the Super Bowl half-time show when it was in AZ ten years ago. . . . Diana Ross was the performer . . . I guess AZ didn't have that much pull yet when we were still playing in a college stadium.

7.  I have fled the scene of  a crime . . I was in a car accident with my sister when I was 16.  I had no driver's license, I was in my parents' suburban, and I was not even supposed to be out of the house (I was grounded) - all of this on top of the fact that I had just rear-ended a woman.  I went to the grocery store to call my parents and then hid in the bathroom of the store.  I think it took Melissa all of about 3 seconds to find me.  Here's something really ironic - I was definitely at fault and was unlicensed and was hiding and still managed to walk away from that accident with not a single ticket.  Faulty police work or the grace of God.

8.  I'm cheating and adding a number eight because I have to note that a "not-so-random" or unknown fact about me is that I have the world's WORST memory so my sister had to pretty much help me make this list.  . . . . thus the blog - so maybe I will 'remember' some things about my kids.

I tag . . . Melissa, April, Adriane, Jenn, Jen H.  have fun ladies :)

4 comments:

Heidi Marie said...

Oh please, please post some pictures of your hair when it was blonde and permed! You are so funny and adventurous!!

Theresa said...

Dude! So much to learn about my good friend that I never knew!!! And quite a shady past I must add. ;)

AprilJ said...

In regards to #4... don't you want to visit Alaska??!!?!?!

Melissa said...

April's comment made me laugh!
And to "help" my sister with some of her facts, on #7, she was 15, but almost 16, and she did sneak out of the house but it was to go to a Young Life thing, so I am not sure if that is really that bad, and I am not sure if the real reason she FLED to Safeway was to "call my parents" or to hide ON TOP of a toilet. This is a CLASSIC Michelle in HS move. Also the reason she didn't get a ticket was bc by time I got her out of the bathroom my parents had arrived and so had the police. The lady she hit was faking an injury so was taken to the hospital, and I think the police were under the impression my father was driving, since he was the one standing their when they pulled up. Yes she was lucky. I loved that night. :)