Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh Davis

Last week Mark had to go to Duncan, AZ (where his family is from) for a funeral.  Off the cuff, Mark said to Davis "I'm going to Duncan, you can come if you want".  That was all Davis needed to hear.  I don't know what was funnier - how fast Davis had a bag of tools packed and was standing in the garage - or how shocked Mark was that Davis was so willing to go.  Despite Mark's concerns, they had a great time together.  I am so grateful for the short, but sweet time they spent in Duncan.  I asked Davis was the best part was and he said "my new tool box and sleeping with Daddy".  They slept in the same bed which I'm sure was Davis' dream scenario.  Mark said Davis was a great passenger in the car and I think they really had a special time together.

Another funny story:
After Bible Study Fellowship on Thursday Melissa was trying to talk to Davis about what he learned.  (We are studying the life of Moses - specifically the 10 Commandments last week)

Melissa:  Davis what did you learn about today.
Davis:  Moses
M:  What happened to Moses, did he get some commandments?  How many were there?
D:  There were forty!
M:  Forty - are you sure there weren't ten?
D:  Nope, there were forty!
M:  Commandments are like rules.  You know rules . . do you have rules at your house?
D:  Oh yes, we have them.  I LOVE them with icing on them.  I love "rolls" (sweet rolls).  

Most of the time - he is more eager to talk about what he learned in class - oh well.  Associations to food - a child after my own heart!

5 comments:

AprilJ said...

I'm glad you blogged! I've been stalking you wondering where you were. I'm glad to see those sweet faces as will my kids :) BTW, I LOVE the mask picture. Too cute.

Amy said...

The best part is that he had his tools - that cracked me up.

Melissa said...

I am SO happy to see anything besides YAHOO on here. I tried to open that Hallmark thing as well, I got it on Eli's birthday, that is funny.
The best part is Mark, I wish I could have seen his face, but I can imagine it which makes me laugh :)

Theresa said...

YEAH! I am so glad you are up and running again! Finally! :)

Anonymous said...

That is great that Mark and Davis went to Duncan together. Your little guy is growing up and Daddy is going to be so much cooler...:).