Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy "Harvest"

Mother Nature's Farm

I swear Mark is making this face because I always want to take pictures . . . he had a really good time!

I don't really like Halloween.  Not because I don't think it is "okay" to enjoy it or anything (Mark actually really likes Halloween), but it's just not a holiday that I really enjoy.  I do, however, love pumpkins and harvest-type stuff so we took the boys to a pumpkin patch tonight to spend some quality family time together.  We went to Mother Nature's Farm.  This is Davis decorating his pumpkin. 
The boys loved the animals.  They had goats, sheep, a cow, and a ton of pigs.
Parker sees a lot of sheep around our house and he always asks, "where is the cow (or the "moo").  He was very excited to see this cow.  I also had to drag him away from the pigs.  They were throwing pumpkins into the pig pen and the pigs were going crazy, snorting.  Parker was standing there copying them.  Very funny.

The boys are getting ready to go on the hayride.  
The boys had a great time.  I asked each of them what they liked the best.  Davis said his favorite was the hayride - a tractor AND a "tray-LAIR" - it doesn't get much better than that for Davis.  Parker said his favorite was the "crips" (chips).   Mark wasn't really feeling the barn food so we ate at Someburros and Parker loves himself some chips.  I will speak for him and say that the animals were definitely his favorite part.  Grayson slept through most of the experience.  

4 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! I love the picture of you and the boys, too cute. :) I can't believe how big Parker is getting, he looks like such a big boy walking along w/Davis! ...and I can totally picture Parker making the pig noises!!! :)

Amy said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Kenny also likes to pull a similar face when I am forcing picture taking.:) So what about Halloween do you not like? The fact that the kids are too excited to eat dinner so they feast on Snickers and Nerds and then you expect that they should go to bed??? :)

Cristina said...

Sweet times! We also went there and had a great time. You were smart to go at night, it was so hot when we went... we never made it to the animals! Can someone turn off the furnace already!!!

Theresa said...

It's ABOUT TIME you updated your blog :) jk...Anyway, I was a little concerned at first about the crips being at the farm.....;) Looks like your boys had a blast! Maybe next year we'll make it...