Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Eli!

A belated Happy Birthday to my nephew Eli. I can't believe he is SEVEN! Crazy! We saw a movie and then lunch at the park with cousins and friends. It was very fun for all the kiddos. Eli is considerate, helpful, smart, a good leader and great friend to my boys. Each one of my boys looks up to him and asks to be with him often. I am so grateful for him. It seems like yesterday that I was spending as many work lunch hours as possible at my sister's Hermosa house to get my hands on my new nephew. It goes by so fast. One thing Eli does right now that I love is whenever ANYONE says "Hi how are you?" (even if it just a standard expression of a stranger and not necessarily an honest inquiry) He looks right at the person and responds, "I'm great and how are you?" I've heard him do it many times and it always sounds so grown up to me. My boys pretty much duck into a shell when someone talks to them so that contrast probably makes E's response stand out to me even more :)

No comments: