Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Car Rides

You would think that riding in the car would be pretty horrific with the boys so tight, three-in-a-row but they do great most of the time. (MOST meaning that there are occasions that I want to swerve into a median if they don't stop bugging on each other) but much of the time riding in the car is a soothing part of the day because they are contained, calm and happy to be with each other. It is VERY common to look back and see them holding hands - especially Parker and Gray. Warms my heart every time.

Grayson is the entertainer in the car for sure - trying to be silly to get a laugh out of either brother. I have noticed he is especially theatrical when we get in the car after picking up Davis from school. I think he is super excited to see D and excited to get his attention. I know that this will undoubtedly invite my sister's comments on how liberal I am about car seats, but another "car" happening right now is that Grayson wants to ride in a booster. Obviously he begs for this because sometimes I let him - bad I know! But almost every single time we are walking to the car he starts begging to sit in "Parker's seat" and this can definitely lead to some conflict when he realizes that he still needs to sit in the 2-yr-old appropriate 5 point harness :)
Ah, yes. Sleeping in the car. This is Davis' m.o. and it has been this way his entire life. Davis' eyes begin to roll back in his head when the car is still in the driveway. For Parker it is more rare. He has to be very, very tired. When they are all passed out in the car it cracks me up for some reason. Who could keep there eyes closed with heads bobbing and thrashing all over the place? My kids, I guess.

And Grayson - he truly has to be very tired to sleep in the car. It is so funny to me when I look in the back seat at nap time and the two non-nappers are drooling away and Grayson is smiling like the king of the castle. Sometimes in the car he sits like this with his arms crossed and this really makes me laugh. Not sure what he is thinking . . .

No comments: