Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Birthday - Grayson's Party

In my family, my brother and I had birthday's in the same month and my other brother and sister had birthdays in the same month so it was pretty much the standard tradition to celebrate with a "together" family party.  It was very fun for me to relive that experience a little bit today, sharing my birthday with Grayson.  This was really the only weekend that worked to have a little 1st Birthday party for Grayson and it turned out to be my birthday - but I would be more than happy to celebrate with my baby every year!  Sadly we didn't think to take a very cute picture together :(  Of course Grayson always looks super cute!
My very thoughtful husband didn't want me to be without a cake at the party so he had this super yummy cake made for me.  It had two different layers of filling, lemon and blackberry - does it get any better than that - my two favorites for sure!!  So yummy and very kind!  (definitely cuter than my attempt at a cake for G)  I also got some very pretty flowers delivered from Great-Grandma Jeanette!  Thank you for the sweet surprise!!

9 comments:

AprilJ said...

I am so sad we missed yet another party... thanks for putting the pics up so quickly. Hope your day was tops. We love you!

Amy said...

ok, now I get the blackberry comment...good to know something new about you friend! Happy Birthday to my baby G and my wonderful friend! So fun! :)

Jen said...

That cake is so beautiful...and sounds very yummy! What a fun surprise. :)

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun. Grayson is so cute - such a big smile always. I feel bad for the little guy and the constant head injuries...I think he needs to weat a helmet...kidding!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you both! I love the cake. It's so pretty.

Amy Filleman said...

You forgot to say that your cake was made by our super talented cousin, Erin. And I helped, ever so slightly, so that makes it even better.

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday Michelle & G! That cake sounds delicious - lemon and blackberry? Yes please! Hope you guys had a great day!

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

So sweet- Hope you both had a wonderful birthday!

Theresa said...

That is a really cute pic of you and G! And the cake!? Very impressive!