Saturday, August 29, 2009

Grayson's Birthday

Grayson LOVED everything about birthday cake (this was an early celebration)
His cake
He wasn't shy about attacking that huge piece
Can't leave any frosting on the plate
Delicious!  You know at some point it becomes unattractive to be covered in your birthday cake - but at this point in life it is super cute!!!
His new very fun blow up toy from the Johnsons
Eating lunch - I made him some fancy mac-n-cheese
G & Aunt Liss
Opening presents - more stuffed animals - HOORAY!
Enjoying watching me open his presents - laying on my lap!

Grayson officially turned one-year-old on August 13th.  How is it possible that my little baby is one already?!?  I know everyone says it, but I feel like I am constantly aware of how fast this time goes and how blessed I am to have this time with all of my little boys.  At the doctor, Grayson was 22 lbs 4 ou (45%) and 31 in tall (75%).  At one-year-old:  he walks all over the place, he consequently falls all over the place, he only says a couple of words (mama, a version of dog, and dada) but he really tries to communicate a lot of things, he LOVES stuffed animals (specific only to G in this house!), he likes to chase a ball or push a bigger car along the floor, he really enjoys food, he likes to be in the pool, he thinks he can do anything his brothers are doing and his smile in absolutely contagious.  I have enjoyed him as a baby very, very much!  He is pretty even tempered, a great sleeper and loves to love on his momma (all good things).  In my mind he is my baby, but I see him do things everyday that remind me how big he is getting.  The other day I was making my bed and talking on the phone (so I wasn't really watching what he was playing with:) and I heard him fussing at me while I was fixing the sheets.  I looked down and he was whining because he was trying to show me that he was handing me the pillow to put on my bed.  The other funny thing he did last week was he brought me a box of Rice-a-roni from the pantry and was pointing at the picture on the box to tell me he was hungry and wanted the picture of the food.  It was almost like he thought that bowl of prepared rice was waiting for him in the box.  There isn't really any food that he doesn't like, so far.  He is pretty willing to try anything.  He didn't really eat much baby food - his nine teeth were ready for real food early in life.  He really loves noodles with meat sauce, pizza, any kind of fruit but particularly cantaloupe, and the reliable pbj sandwich is his favorite treat.  My favorite thing to do with him is cuddle him before bed and do anything silly to make him smile because he has the world's best smile.  I pray many things for Grayson, but above things, I pray that God would give him a heart to love Him and know and understand the things of God.  I so look forward with hopefulness to what God could do for His Kingdom through the three boys together.   

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! I am so happy to have a picture of him with me!! That makes me smile :)

Amy said...

love that boy!