Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Grayson is 5 Months Old


The brothers 

Big boy play time

It is almost unbelievable to me that Grayson is five months old (yesterday).  Time has literally gone by SO fast.  My friend asked me the other day, "what is Grayson doing these days?".  For a minute, I couldn't even think of anything.  Great huh?  And people wonder why third-borns have a complex.  Well, I thought I would actually think about it and journal some things that he is doing because if I can't remember now . . I surely won't remember in a couple years.

-He is trying to sit up.  He wants to be big (like his brothers I think) more than any of my other babies seemed to and he really wants to be set up like a tripod so he can think he is sitting.  It only lasts for a couple minutes but he loves it.

-He is eating solid foods (cereal and veggies so far).  The lists of dislikes is sadly much longer than the lists of likes.  I would say he really only gobbles down sweet potatoes.  Everything else is a battle and much less successful.

-He is a pretty good sleeper.  I haven't cut him off yet (I don't know if I'll be able to do it - he's my baby) . . . enter here . . comments and eye rolls from my sister:)  He sleeps from about 7:30 pm to 8:30 am but eats at least once in that time frame.  He did go almost 12 hours once - ONCE being the operative word.

-He has officially worn himself a bald spot in the back of his head (see above).  It is very funny looking.  I used a sleep positioner thing for my other kids and they never got this because I would put them on different sides.  -enter again the sister eye roll -   

-Overall, he is a smiley, giggly, happy baby boy.  He seems to enjoy his extra-saucer thing, his bouncer seat and being outside.  He is also very entertained by watching the other boys.  The one person who can alway make him smile very big is his Daddy - yeah for that!  

I wish time would slow down with him, but I know it won't . . . sad.  I do love this stage that he is in right now.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and so big. Hugh has that same bald spot...starting getting it after I stopped sleeping on his side. I think his sleep pattern sounds great...sure would be nice to have a baby go down at 7:30!

Jen said...

I love his smile, so cute!

AprilJ said...

He is awfully sweet! Can't wait to squeeze him myself soon. And Davis and Parker...

Melissa said...

Dude beating me up on this post. I don't care if you want to feed him during the night till he is 8. And when have I ever said ANYTHING about a sleep positioner??? Again never thought about it.
On that note, the pics are very cute. And if you want to continue nursing have another child, what is so wrong with four???!?!?

Jason and Lisa said...

Grayson is such a cutie. It's good that you are writing these things down. I forget most of Eli's first year of life (failed to write it down and didn't have a blog) but fortunately, with Grant I have it all in the blog.

I'm all for the rotating of sides...much more so than I knew to do with E (he favored one side which resulted in having a flat side that we corrected with a band). Poor Grant's head was scrutinized from day 1 in the hospital. And despite those efforts, his head was a little "off" but with being very A-type/repositioning his head is totally fine.

Amy said...

Little sisters can be a real pain, can't they? :) Love that cutie boy!

Heidi Marie said...

He is five months old already? TIme for another!! Such a sweetheart, we love you Grayson!

Theresa said...

Thanks for the update on that little pumpkin! :) Your boys are so adorable, love them SO much! Hey, you're still ahead of my game from Ryan's nursing days...I think I fed him in the night until he was 7 months!? What can I say, back to that baby thing again...so I didn't care. And did I mention that then I nursed him until he was 15 months!? I know, weird.